The Attendance Institute is a nonprofit organization with the core objective to substantially improve student attendance and, ultimately, achievement.
All efforts are focused on educating students, families, communities and the general public about the indisputable link between school attendance and educational success.
We recognize that:
- The world is run by those who show up, and our kids aren’t showing up!
- There is an attendance and learning time crisis in K-12 education
- Achievement and attendance are inextricably linked
- Attendance is an education equalizer
- This problem cannot be left up to the education community to solve alone
We have found that when parents understand how closely related school attendance is to their child’s success, they make their child’s attendance a priority. This isn’t an insurmountable or complicated problem, it is however, an urgent one. We have to get kids in school every day and learning. We can ill afford to sit by while 3,323 students drop out of school every day, primarily because they missed so much time that they can’t catch up.
Meet Our Team
Interim Executive Director:
- Susan Cook
- Bill Gillaspie
- Kamee Lyons
- Jeff Williams
Director of Strategic Relations:
Director of Public Relations:
Director of Research:
Director of Content:
Community Outreach Coordinator: